Friday, February 5, 2010

Civil 3D/Revit Structure interoperability part 2






After a week of training myself to work with Civil 3D data in Revit I've come to the conclusion that there is a reason why the Subscription Advantage Pack(SAP) exists. I was looking for ways to transfer my 3D COGO points representing my alignments, profiles for road corridors designed inSurvey/Civil site design software like AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation GEOPAK or InRoads into uber structural modeler Revit Structure for bridge and road modeling.













Alas, after reading, viewing and calling, blogging and emailing the experts about how to do this without using the SAP I've learnt that nobody does it without the SAP. This is bad news for students and amateur structural/civil engineers because it means you have to buy the SAP but trust me doing it without the SAP is not practical timewise.

The videos below explains why.

CIVIL3D_REVIT_2

Stay tuned for follow up on this video.





No comments:

Post a Comment